Re: Euro in Xy3

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 22:05:32 -0700 (MST), Carlo Caballero wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Derukugi wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to fake a Euro symbol with an entry
>> in a .prn file so that I can print it from XY3?
>> Tia
>>
>> --Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
>
>Dear Rene,
>   Quite possibly. It would help if I could remember what the Euro
>symbol looked like...!

It's a little "c" impaled with an equal sign. Go to

	http://www.stri.is/TC304/Euro/default.html

to see it, and go to

	http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4nisse/Euro_Sign.html

to see whether your browser supports it.

I've been told that the latest fixpacks for OS/2 support the euro in
codepage 850 (Alt-213, so I'm told) but I'll be damned if I can pull it
up. Can't even see it in the browser, but I haven't spent a lot of
time trying to get Unicode working here.

If Mr. Holmgren isn't way ahead of the rest of us on this I'll eat my
hat.

Rafe T.

raphaelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ray-field.com