Re: Speedos Awol

Hi Jim --

I haven't logged on here for a week. They've been removing the old roof here
and putting on a new one. What no one seemed to realize was that the bottom,
original layer was gravel. The immediate results were pretty horrendous. They
put the interior tarps down about a day later than they should have. I'm gonna
be cleaning up soot and gravel for awhile, then possibly investigating moving.
All this has denied me the use of my office, and messed up existing timetables
for various things. If I end up relocating, even more so.

Not sure if or when I'll be up for trying your procedure. A full re- install
is baloney, however, and I have no plans to do that . . .  until and unless
you happen to send me the official release of 4.017 . I do not dismiss
the possibility of a bug. Nevertheless, I strongly doubt the value of your
experiment. If, for example, a KBD file does not work properly, one does not
need to reinstall _everything_
five times, add files back one at a time, and recite mystic mantras. This is
not an OS/2 install. In the above example, the reason would be that one or
more lines in the KBD file are bad, and one must simply track them down, then
modify or eliminate them. Similarly, I think that if/when the answer to my
problem is uncovered, it is 90% likely that the reason will be something wrong
with the *Printer File*. So we can juggle these Speedo files from now 'til
Doomsday and it won't make a dime's worth of difference.

Best,