Re: OT old notebook

ac127 wrote:
I have to reinstall OS on an old p133 - 64Mb ram notebook

win 2000 seems too big (,,or not ??...)
Definitely too big. We had to get a new box, because 2K was crawling on a 1.1 GHz Duron with 256 Mb of RAM.
but w95/w98 are unable to identify usb external devices (pendrive,card
reader etc...)

What can I do ?? Some tips ???
 Some USB devices came with drivers for win 98Se. Mine
(Kanguru MicroDrive and SanDisk Cruzer Mini, both 128
Mb) even run under 98 initial release. See if you can
find any that do, possibly second-hand.
98 will run under that little RAM (a friend has SE on a
64Mb box, and my Tpad has, IIRC, 74 mb), but booting
will take forever. Once it's up and running, however,
Xy and other DOS apps run fine. I even can run Word
(don't WANT to, but...) on the Tpad.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx