Re: OT: DOS booting

Harry Binswanger wrote:
 Doesn't XP have something analogous to W2K's Windows Recovery Console?

There's SFC (system files check) which didn't do the job.
Look in windows\repair and see if the file is there,
then copy it to wherever it's supposed to be.
WAIT A MINUTE! Are you saying that *logical* partitions are recognized by the BIOS boot sequence thing??!!
NO. NO. NO. Sorry, I wrote that half asleep, meant to
fix it, and forgot. You need a boot loader to boot from
another partition, as opposed to another physical hard
drive. But I believe most of the partitioning utilities
(Partition Magic, System Commander, etc.) include one.
WinXP itself puts one on if you install it on a system
with another version of Win on another partition (as I
discovered a while back). Trust me, Harry, one big
drive is IDIOCY! (One thing, at least, on which Robert
and I agree.) Get a partition maker and use it.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx