Re: Missing descenders in Notabene

At 11:11 AM 3/12/2008, Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "Robert Holmgren"
on Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:42:17 -0400

Is this problem confined to OpenType fonts?? Maybe there's a
hint in there...
Well, I've quickly reached my level of ignorance on this subject. I
understand that Open Type fonts are cross-platform. They generally
have as extensions .otf. or .ttf, depending, as MS says, on the
outlines. The Fontfcraft Courier is a Postscript Type 1 font; it has
a .pfm extension. So I'm not sure what you mean about a *hint." Are
OT fonts known for some errant behavior?
Michael Norman