Proglem?

Allan Needell has raised a problem that may or may not affect anyone. He
notices that when he does a direct reply to a message from the XYWRITE list, it
is not resent to everyone, as it should be, but only to the original sender. A
couple of simple tests have not settled the problem. I therefore would like to
impose on you to help me settle this. If you read this message before midnight
Tuesday, 21 June, please send a direct reply (by pressing r, etc., depending on
your system) saying that you have read it. A simple "OK" will do. If I don't
receive any OK's, I will assume that Allan's problem is a general one, and get
the local sysop on it. Sorry to impose on you (since you may get copies of all
these messages), but the experiment will only last a day.

Many thanks.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania