Re: Version 4.013

Carl, if you install and then *use* the Orbis "Text Base" feature, ensure that
when you finish your indexing, search or whatever that you go back to the "Text
Base" option and choose EXIT from the Orbis menu. If Orbis is activated and not
exited from, the overlay code remains in memory, thus slowing down XyWrite.

Concerning the "Can't run command" error, can you shell to DOS when you first
enter XyWrite. If not, ensure that your DOS path statement refers to the root
directory of your bootable drive.

Signature is no longer a developed product. XyWrite 4.0 became our contemporary
product in February. We still support Signature, however we have provided
XyWrite 4.0 as an upgrade path for both XyWrite III Plus as well as Signature.
XyWrite 4.0 can be configured as a III Plus style product or as a Signature
style product (i.e. keyboard layout, etc.). We are currently finalizing the
development of "XyWrite for Windows", there is no Signature for Windows. I a
not aware of any review or article to that effect. If you have seen such an
article, please inform us as to the publication and issue.

XyWrite for Windows does not have a Lingua module built in as does N.B.,
however it does allow access to a variety of Cyrillic characters, just as
XyWrite 4.0 does. Our program cannot manufacture (or build) these characters,
so your printer must have these characters within specific character sets.
Conversely, if you purchased True-Type Cyrillic fonts for Windows you could
load a Windows driver and we could support them. In any event, there is no
provision for support of such characters as the product ships. You can contact
Marketing in Baltimore to request a brochure for the new product. We should be
shipping the product sometime late in August.

Regards, SysOp