Re: Version 4.013

The slow-down occurs whether or not I enter Orbis (though I did figure out that
it's necessary to Exit Orbis before resuming XyWrite). Even if I don't touch
Orbis, editing slows down, but only after printing. That's the odd thing. Re
shelling to DOS, yes, I can do it at the start of a session and my path
statement does include the boot root. Here, too, the problem seems to crop up
later in a session, after printing, I think (though I couldn't swear to it).
I also get more "hangs" with v4.013 and (did I mention it before?)
compatibility with Software Carousel seems to have deteriorated (can switch out
of the XyWrite window but, sometimes, can't switch back). Anyway, I go back to
the printing point: Has there been a change in the way XyWrite allocates
memory for printing that might explain these phenomena?

Re Cyrillic: I've ordered the Windows version and will be back to you on
Cyrillic support. I'm pretty sure it was PC World, most recent issue, where I
saw the review of "Signature for Windows". (Unfortunately, I didn't save the
magazine.) XyQuest/Technology Group was mentioned by name in the review.