Re: Mac and Xy

Peter:

Which version of Windows do you run? And how fast is it? How fast is Xy on
Windows on Fusion?

VM Fusion for Mac works and is stable. I run it all the time on the MacBook Pro. It boots up Windows contemporaneously with the native boot of OS X. Peter J R FOX wrote: > Thanks for listing those, Brian. > > About a year ago, I saw a rather impressive demo of > VirtualBox. However, its major company developer (Sun ?) > was recently acquired by another major company, and > there was some question at to whether development was > continuing. > > The emulators I've heard the best reports on have been > Virtual PC, and especially VM, which is said to have a > free version now. But of course, there would have to be > Mac-hosted versions of any of these available, for the > purposes of this discussion -- and it sounds like the VM > Harry referred to must be one such. > > > Jordan > > > --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Brian Henderson wrote: > > >> From: Brian Henderson >> Subject: RE: Mac and Xy >> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx >> Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 4:16 PM >> Speaking of emulators...I thought >> this might be of interest to the list. >> >> (Home: http://www.osalt.com/) >> >> Open source Virtual PC alternatives: >> >> -Cooperative Linux 0.7 >> >> (Available for: Windows) >> coLinux is an extremely interesting new approach to >> virtualization allowing you to run Linux parallel to your >> Windows platform. >> coLinux approaches the experimenting Linux novice - who >> does not... >> >> Read more >> http://www.osalt.com/colinux >> >> -VirtualBox 3.0 >> >> (Available for: Windows, Mac, Linux) >> Originally a commercial product VirtualBox is now also >> available in an open source edition. The open source version >> is, however, >> always a version behind the commercial version and thus >> lacks some... >> >> Read more >> http://www.osalt.com/virtualbox >> >> -Xen 3.3 >> >> (Available for: windows Mac, linux) >> Xen is state-of-the-art virtualization on the PC - and it >> is even open source. With a high performance mainly due to >> it's >> architecture with the hypervisor and it's support for >> hardware virtualization... >> >> Read more >> http://www.osalt.com/xen >> >> -OpenVZ 2.6 >> >> (Available for: Linux) >> OpenVZ is a great alternative to standard virtualization >> offerings on the market, that unlike most other products >> only offers >> operating system level virtualization - and only on Linux. >> However, this... >> >> Read more >> http://www.osalt.com/openvz >> >> -BrianH. >> > > >
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx