Re: XYWRITE digest 229

>From: Robert Holmgren
>Minitrue is really pretty good. But how often do you make global changes to
>multiple files? In my case, next to never. If all we're doing is changing
line
>endings (DOS==>Unix, Unix==>DOS), that's easy enough to do in XyWrite.

Well, I just spent an easy twenty minutes using Minitrue to make some minor
but annoying global changes (things like changing USA to U.S.A. and
micrometers to microns) to forty files totalling over 1.1 MB of text. I had
been dreading this task, knowing it would have probably taken me half a day
going through each file one by one in Xywrite.

I always find that as my manuscipts grow, there are a few items that require
a global search-and-replace to make them consistent throughout. Previously,
I had to laboriously load the files one at a time to correct them
individually. The task was slow, I could miss a file, and it was an enormous
waste of time. Minitrue has solved all these problems.

Now, if only someone could tell me how to change the colors on the Minitrue
screen, life would be perfect.

Bob Zimmerman

Bob Zimmerman

13909 Briarwood Drive, #323