Re: How to automate copying from clipboard to xywrite with ANSI to ASCII conversion

Reply to note from Manuel Castelao  Sat, 09 Mar
2013 18:55:18 +0100

> As far as I know, U2 ANSI2xy performs conversion from ANSI to
> XyWrite format (Xy2ANSI, the opposite). Also is possible to use
> Holmgren's CLIP to capture the clipboard content.

This is true, and U2's CLIP.EXE does code-page conversions in either
direction (copying from XyWrite or pasting into XyWrite), no extra
keystrokes required, and it will append (or prepend) multiple clips
to the clipboard. This, of course, assumes Xy4 or later with U2
installed. Kari's method will appeal to Xy3 users, and is also an
option for users who've reported problems getting U2's CLIP.EXE to
work in virtual environments.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx