Re: General glitch

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:21:54 -0400 (EDT)

>>> Since it happens in Win95 and with 4.016 or 4.018 with no file open, I
>>> conclude that it's something about Xy4's internal coding. Tim?

>>Wouldn't it seem more likely that "it's something about Windows"? Since
>>it doesn't happen elsewhere?

>Well, it happens when I boot to DOS, even when I boot to the floppy "WIN98
>Startup Disc" which I don't think has any "windows" stuff associated. Are
>you saying you don't get it in OS/2?

DOS too? Hmmmm. No, we don't get it in OS/2; I would have seen it a couple
hundred times by now. More interesting, I can't get it to happen with Win95
either. I'll have a Win98 machine to test when my son arrives in a couple
of weeks. And I have three NT4 SP6a machines in New York (September). What I
lack, in my present minimal situation, is access to the factory-issue
XY4.KBD, which might be diagnostic -- I assume that most people's KBDs,
howsoever tweaked, are rooted in XY4.KBD (mine is based on Xy2). I you have
that, please ship it to me. (It's not on the TTG server, among other
helpful things going on there -- including that you need a username and
password to grab any *.EXE at that site -- totally nonsensical.)

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------