Re: Dosemu, Linux, XyWrite -- another clipboard kludge

From: "andy turnbull"
>neat idea -- but c:clip???
>
>if I could save direct from xywrite to the clipboard it would be wonderful -- >but where is the clipboard?
>
>I keep my xy test files in a directory below windows c:\a, but I can't find the
>clipboard file. Is it called 'clip?' Does it exist when there is nothing saved
>on the windows clipboard?

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure I understand your question. This discussion is for using Xywrite on a Linux machine. It
appears from your email above, however, that you work on a Windows machine. If so then you should
use U2, as Patricia has noted, for copying and pasting to and from Xywrite.

Anyway, in Linux this is a kludge I worked out for copying and pasting. The clip.txt file is an
ordinary text file that you create, and then use to copy and paste text into it. If in Linux you
then save it so that Xywrite can then CAll or MErge the clipped text into a Xywrite file. If in
Xywrite I was suggesting using the Xywrite SAveDef command to copy text from Xywrite into clipboard,
with the clip.txt file acting as an intermediary.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Bob
4708 Montgomery Place
Beltsville, Maryland 20705