Re: vDos-lfn is now officially vDosPlus!

Jordan,

> From what I recall being said here previously, it should be possible to have
> both branches set up and working -- as alternatives, and for
> comparison -- hopefully without the two getting entangled ?▒ Then
> you would just have to keep them straight in your mind, ...

Absolutely. They can both coexist peacefully in the same directory.
Here's what I would suggest: Once you get 2015 up and running, rename
the executable (vDosPlus.exe) to, say, vDosPl15.exe. Then download the
2016 package and copy the executable only (also called vDosPlus.exe)
to the 2015 directory; name it vDosPl16.exe. Then you can start two
vDosPlus sessions concurrently, with title bars (directive FRAME) and
window titles (directive TITLE) that will distinguish the two at a
glance. At the Windows command prompt:

vDosPl15.exe /set frame=on; title=vDosPlus15
vDosPl16.exe /set frame=on; title=vDosPlus16

There may be one or two settings in your config.txt that are
incompatible with one or the other branch, but vDosPlus will inform
you of this when it loads.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@acedsl.com