Re: SQL

Robert Holmgren wrote:

Indeed. Maddening. But that's why people learn how to program:
to make a computer do what they want it to do.
All too true. But I DID learn a perfectly adequate (at the time)
database programming language: dBase, or xBase. But it was
abandoned, doesn't have any provision for working at modern
screen resolutions, and the last iteration was vilely documented.
At my advanced age, I really don't feel like learning a whole new
language for one wretched project (dbase in its ancient form is
perfectly adequate for the things I personally need it for).
Don't get me wrong: all knowledge is good, and I still love to
learn, but vita brevis, ars longa.

Thanks for the leads, anyway.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey