coming back to xywrite

The most recent spate of weirdness in using Windows98/Word97 has caused me to
take the first steps in setting myself up in Xywrite again.

I now have XyDos 4.017 installed and am trying to find a way to get enlarged
ONSCREEN fonts in draft and/or formatted mode. Zoom works in graphic mode to
the extent that it doesn't seem to jiggle any more, but the typeface looks
like it's breaking up at certain percentages, and, worse, a huge chunk of the
screen is taken up by the left margin.

I've downloaded Xgawin21.zip, which is for XyWin. Can it be made to work with
XyDos? Is there a version for XyDos? Can it be made to work if I run XyDos in
Windows? [and the ultimate question: is running XyDos in Windows asking for
the same problems that plague Word in Windows?]

Something called Ultravision has also been suggested, but I haven't been able
to locate it.

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to enlarge to 120 per cent or more.

Thanks in advance

Judith Davidsen
chrigid@xxxxxxxx