Re: coming back to xywrite

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:35:49 EDT

> I now have XyDos 4.017 installed and am trying to find a way to get enlarged
> ONSCREEN fonts in draft and/or formatted mode.

I assume that you are running Xy4-DOS in full-screen mode?

You can only change the _text-mode_ (i.e. draft, expanded, Page-Line) fonts with
difficulty, and I suggest that you not play with that unless you know what
you're doing.

In graphic mode, you can set the point size as big as you wish. Embed an
format at TOF so that consecutive lines are displayed with clear, discrete vertical
separation (no overlap). If you ZOOM 120, you may want to reduce the PW PageWidth
value, in order to see the entire text on-screen (e.g. try  or even less).
You can't kill the OFfset in graphic mode, but you can reduce it to zero by embedding
an empty format  at TOF. Remember to restore whatever your real OF default is
before you print -- which is to say, simply delete the  format, to restore
your pre-existing default (and you may not want AutoLeading AL either, so remove
AL1 before you print, if your default is AL=0)...

> I've downloaded Xgawin21.zip, which is for XyWin. Can it be made to work with
> XyDos?

No. Fuhget it. Those are Windows OEM fonts, not text mode fonts. Irrelevant.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx