Re: coming back to xywrite

Robert Holmgren  wrote:

> I'd do it differently. The newest MSWord filters give you a richer, more fully
> formatted conversion than the RTF filters.
>
> Check the following Web page:
>
> http:\idt.net\~holmgren\FILTERS.HTM

Clicking on this address as is only gives me an error. Try:

http://idt.net/~holmgren/FILTERS.HTM

While I don't have the need right now, and conversion sort of worked
for me even with the older filters and within XyWrite, this
definitely looks like the way to go for those who were tearing their
hair out because of inflexible publishers or post-conversion
multi-thousand-page Word files.  I wonder (or maybe I
don't) why it is that so many people seem to be very willing to rush
to mailing lists when they have a problem, but once they've found a
solution, far fewer find the time to post a follow-up message.
.

Wolfgang Bechstein
wolfie@xxxxxxxx