SMARTSET 2.52

I just heard from Charles Herold that he had ordered the
XXBUG-encoded version of Carl DiStefano's SMARTSET 2.52 from list
server (as
SMART252.SCR), and that it would not decode. I tried it myself,
with the same result. After a series of experiments, including
encoding the two component files separately, I was unable to
resolve the problem.

Has anyone successfully decoded it? If so, I will post a warning
in the header of the file. If not, I will remove it. The
alternative is to get SMART252.ZIP by anonymous FTP from the list
server.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania