virus

from Morris Krok

  essence@xxxxxxxx

  I cannot understand why my e-mail should contain a virus. At the =
same time I sent the e-mail regarding Xywrite Revealed Third person, I =
sent 5 other e-mails and no one has yet complained that there is a =
problem. Futhermore the hundreds of e-mails that I have received over =
the past few years have always been legible and have never distorted any =
of my files.

  The e-mail sent to the group was first processed by using XyWrite =
111, then it was inserted into Outlook Express as a text insert. Before =
typing this e-mail directly into Outlook Express, I checked the previous =
e-mail to see if it has any Xywrite formatting codes but it is entirely =
clear and as we all know xywrite produces pure ascii text. It will be =
interesting to see if anti-vrus programs can find fault with this =
e-mail.

  I can assure the group I am not a prankster or malicious. If they =
read other parts of my e-mail I mention other programs, some with errors =
in XyWrite Revealed. I have also queried the programming logic in one of =
the programs, but as yet no one has mentioned anything about them. I =
also gave full details of Home.pm - a simply program that I perhaps use =
more than any of the others.

  When I altered those pages from first to third person, I did use the =
command line to change I to he, my to his, me to him and there are a =
number of others as well. The little programming that I am capable of =
doing has taught me that if we have to continually go to the command =
line to perform certain tasks, we can combine them all into a program =
that will make all the changes in sequence automatically before exiting.

  Let me turn your attention to something quite different, to Word 7. =
The moment a file is edited by this program, it automatically underlines =
all dubious spellings, double words and badly phrased sentences. has =
anyone thought of devising something similar for XyWrite.

  Incidentally I have written programs that changes the codes of =
products as well as creating short forms based on the number of letters =
in a word. This should indicate that I regard writing in conjunction =
with programming as something that is not frivolous.

  Perhaps the reason I have never experienced any virus problems is =
because I do not have any ant-virus programs on my PC. But I will =
nevertheless certainly investigate the possibility that there are =
viruses on my machine, no matter how benign.