Re: thank you to Robert Holmgren for warning re New computer with large hard drive.

One way around the messier or more "white-knuckle"
complications of multiboot environments is plug-in,
plug-out drive trays. That way, a hard drive in its
tray can be owned by one Opsys . . . or perhaps family
of operating systems. And each Opsys can feel that it
owns the system. DOS can coexist with most of the
others. I don't know if you really want to try to mix
Linux with Win. Multiple iterations of what I
primarily use -- OS/2 | eCS -- do not disturb one
another. (Can't really say this about W98 plus the
later Windows, unless extensive measures are taken.)
This is what I intend to do when I next update &
re-work my tower system. I'm hoping it will also
facillitate drive cloning, which I use for backup.
There are already multiple HDDs in play, just for
that.

Jordan