Re:

Carl wrote:
An alternative workaround is to use U2 routine PrsExeCM instead of
func XC and frame PrsCMline. But then you need to remember to
precede U2 framenames with a period on the CMline. In other words,
the native ABort command would be AB, but the U2 framename AB
would be issued as .AB.
That's what I'm looking for: it's easier to remember the variation in
command structure than to remember to hit a different key (ENTER or
) at different times. E.g., .AB would be fine.
 Try it:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
28=NO$SJM(,2,.,P,r,s,K,b,d,A,r,g,),x,m, ,[,I,F,[,V,A,$,T,X,],
<,1,],COJ,M,2,.,P,r,s,E,x,e,C,M,Q,2,[,E,X,],[,E,I,],[255+048+
068],NO[cr|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

AMAZING! Works right out of the box!!!
Finally, you can avoid KBD file programming by reconstituting any of
the above keyboard macros as a U2 frame, and assigning the framename
to the Enter key in the usual way. For example, we can create a U2
frame that calls frame PrsExeCM as in the preceding example. Let's
name the new frame HelpOrCr:
Carl, I was working on this and a strange thing happened: LH (LOADHELP) no
longer works. I get the "access denied" error (217)--just the thing that LH
was written to avoid. Trying to use LH also unloads U2. I went back to
28= for the moment and I still get "access denied" for LH, even though
key 28 works as normal (and I'm getting "access denied" when using my old
).
Clearly, I must have messed up something, but it doesn't seem to be my .kbd
file. And I didn't touch U2. LH works if I don't make any changes in it.
But once I make the most meaningless trivial change (e.g., adding a space
to the text below the first line), it no longer works.

Is the doctor in?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx