Re: Pgm runs, but not in U2

Robert wrote (re my changing of U2's "percentage read" function):
Bah, your code works perfectly well. Indeed, it looks sharp. But you've got a
fundamental error elsewhere in your file, to produce that kind of "error"
(something is truly haywire, I cannot begin to imagine what).
Okay, that should be easy to track down by comparing v. 115 unmodified with
115 modified. I made only a few--and apparently botched--changes.
I like my display better than your's for one reason: I produce real byte
counts, and I can JuMP to those byte locations. You produce Kilobyte numbers,
which have no further use in XyWrite.
The current cursor position is ... the current cursor position. And the
other number up there is the EndOfFile, which is just reachable by the BF
function, so I'm guessing that you keep a kind of mental record of where
things are, then you can specify a jmp? If one is dealing with text (and
that's why I want the function), JuMPing to within 1000 characters is close
enough.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger