Re: Who Command

>Some day, someone's going to come up with a way to remove therse kinds of
>idiots from the net. We do have modern technology, right?

  Well, mailbombs work fairly well -- hit them hard enough, it shuts down
their whole server, can even tick off their sysadmin enough that they lose
their account. Best to do it anon or with forged header tho.
  The spammers with the auto-reply thingy (you know, they send you
junkmail, you send off a nasty reply, and get their catalog or whatever
immediately back) are fairly easy to trash. Especially if you get two of
them. You forge the header in your message to them to put them as the
sender, them in the "to:", them in the CC, and them in the reply-to. Or, if
you've two of cretins, you just cross them. Set it up to go out about 2am,
so they go into a mail loop and mailbomb themselves to death when no one is
around to catch it, by morning they are down. But even if you do it in the
daytime, usually after about an hour or so you can finger their account and
get no response.
 Yes, I know, it discomfits many innocents too -- but that greatly
increases the grief they catch for spamming, and results in action being
taken, usually, to shut them down. Or at least move them.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.