Re: XY in DosBox (XP)

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Fri, 26 Mar
2004 08:55:48 -0500

You know, I'm traveling, and I dragged my wife's XP Pro computer with me; and
I'm happy, sort of, to report that I see the same behavior you're talking
about. Although my extra cursor is down in the message body. And you're
right: if you kill XyWrite and relaunch, it's gone. You have to reboot to see
it again. (Problem is, I never reboot, never turn my machine off, so this
aspect is a hassle.) But maybe I can get to the bottom of it. However, in the
short term, what Martin reported, that DOS/NV kills the problem, works here
too. You, however, get aberrant behavior.

Let's try to fix that. Open the Windows Registry (not XyWWWeb.REG!) with
REGEDIT. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\DOS Window, and Modify the value of
"FullScreen": set it to "1". Close REGEDIT. Try DOS/NV again in Xy4. Should
run DOS in a Desktop window... If that doesn't work, then go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\FullScreen for good measujre, and Modify the value
there of "FullScreen": set it to "1" also.

What's the result? If you still can't get DOS, then something is deeply wrong
on your machine. (You're using a PIF, not a LNK, right? I.e. no CMD.EXE /C on
the Cmd: line? And you're not launching the PIF _directly_ anymore, right?)