Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

Paul Breeze wrote:
I've never had to make any allowance before. I run XY4 under Windows 2000 and if I want 28 lines I set d sl=-28 and set 28 lines in the shortcut properties. Similarly with 43 lines and 50 lines. That works fine for me every time.
That is truly strange. The CG itself says that one will get three
lines fewer than the designated SL, because of those top three
lines.
I've never bothered tweaking the screen length, since I need so
large a font that I assumed that would shorten the screen
regardless. But since the question came up here, I've been
experimenting, and the actual length seems to vary from PC to PC,
in a way that makes me think VGA BIOS is heavily involved. Recall
that Xy was written when VGA--basic 640X480 VGA--was the latest
thing.