Re: keyboards

I love my DasKeyboard. Has almost the feel of the IBM
Selectric. Almost. Model number begins: DASK3MKPRO
I recommend against their models lacking letters on the keytops. I'm a touch typist, but it still is a terrible idea.
http://www.daskeyboard.com/
since I need a new keyboard, I started looking around. turns out there is a enthusiastic tactile-key response cult. today's keyboard connoisseurs are primarily gamers

http://geekhack.org/index.php; eudora="autourl"> http://geekhack.org/index.php

Toms Hardware has a pretty good -- typically for Toms, ad-filled -- summary of the specs and characteristics of the various Cherry switches -- does a fine job of summarizing the various clicks and clacks you've felt beneath your fingers lo these thirty years.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955.html; eudora="autourl"> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955.html

based on very preliminary research, the vaunted ALPS are apparently superannuated -- the "complicated ALPS" superior to today's "simple ALPS."

my ten-year-old Adresso is starting to fade -- turns out it's MX Cherry Blue keys. I may replace it with a like model for ~$75 but I may also see if B&H or someone has Cherry Brown or Cherry Black to try.

-rafe