Pipe dreams

Rafe Tennenbaum:

>wouldn't it be great if it were possible to port Xy to
>Java, or Linux

TTG appears uninterested either in (a) attempting such an enterprise (which
admittedly would be risky) or in (b) getting money from passing over the
pseudocode (etc.) to others who would be willing to take this risk.
Perhaps it's merely my sad lack of an MBA that makes the combination of (a)
and (b) seem one of the more inscrutable examples of American business
practice.

>Of course, if I were really smart, I'd
>be running TTG or something.

That's right. You'd be on the point of releasing *Smart Words*. Mr Frank,
what's the release date for XyWrite-5-with-a-silly-name--this month or
next? How much is it? Which of my three Visa cards--from Asahi, Lloyds,
and (first national) Citi banks--do you most fancy?
Peter Evans