Re: XyIII Plus '[tilde]' Question

Thanks to all who replied to my question--I got it figured out now!

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from Stephen Moore  Sat, 7 Nov
> 1998 08:25:18 -0500 (EST)
>
> -> Discretionary hyphen (DH) can be changed in Xy3. In your
> -> printer file, add this:
> ->
> -> DF DH={character of your choice}

Hypenation was the key. I don't use hypenation in what I do with Xy3 so
the soft (discretionary) hypen was but a very dim memory. Furthermore,
my manual for Xy3.55 has errors and failed to document DH--had to load
the help file which I had long ago quit using. There I found an
explanation of soft hypen and DH.

I can change the DH using 'default dh=mno' at the command line where
'mno' is a 3-byte number entered with 'Ctrl-Alt-m-n-0' and the [tilde]
will then be displayed in the text. If I reset to [tilde] using the
default command, then I can only see [tilde] under extended display,
just like expected--neat! Haven't tried 'DF DH = mno' in the printer
file yet.

Again, thanks all for the help--I'd forgotten how much fun it is to
configure Xy to ones taste.

Regards,

Lowell Anderson -- just another Xyalien!