Re: warning re New computer; Tame v5.0 RC1

Dear Robert

You did not say anything to discourage me from using a dual boot.  Once you alerted me to how easily dual boots go awry, I realized that if something goes wrong it is beyond my capabilities to handle.  The downside of a dual boot is catastrophic whereas the upside is merely eliminating a minor annoyance, namely the freezing of the window when I exit xywrite.

Unfortunately, I should have had Patricia review my syntax.  I meant to say that when I am in xywrite I rarely go out to windows xp or any other windows application.  I did not mean that I rarely go to windows, merely that I rarely go to windows from xywrite.  In any event so far my major problem with xywrite under windows xp is that when I exit xywrite when in full screen, that window freezes and the only way I can unfreeze it is to alt tab and than click close.  While this did not happen when I used windows 98se this inconvenience is not worth the downside of using a dual boot since I do use windows xp for email, web surfing, lexis, westlaw, and ocr.  Is there any cure to the freeze on exiting xywrite when the operating system is windows xp.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that Edward is the expert.  In fact he is the only one I know of who is on a par with you.

Again thanks for alerting me to the problems with a dual boot.

As to Lindows I was told that if I install lindows as a part of dual boot operating system, Lindows has to be the default operating system because Microsoft does not like to acknowledge any non-microsoft operating system.  Is my understanding correct.

mailto:avromf@xxxxxxxx or mailto:af413@xxxxxxxx