Re: new computer with large hard drive

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:26:27 -0500
From: "Robert Holmgren"

[SNIP]
> Dual booting is extremely tempting but altogether tricky. Not
> something I recommend, candidly, on your workhorse machine.

Surprise & consternation! In the Linux world, dual booting is
extremely common, & problems with boot loaders seldom come up in
mailing lists.

That's judging from several years following linux-list, libranet,
linux-elitists, techtalk, debian-users . . . . I mean installation,
configuration, & use.

Somehow Robert & I must be talking about different aspects, but what?

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle

While I'm at it: Nowadays the preferred boot loader is GRUB. LILO
is still common but by comparison is somewhat limited & inflexible.