Re: XyDOS Window box colours

pmgodfrey@xxxxxxxx writes:

> I keep copies of both those clean XyDOS
> and XyWin folders on my archive partition, and can burn CDs and snail
> mail them to any legit XyUser who needs one.

Patricia:

 Despite the warnings about bugginess etc., I have been using XyWin for about seven years with no problems, first on Win95 (unwisely, I discarded Xy3 at the time). My current system is 98SE. Four years ago a tech at the late Technology Group helped me install XyWin on the 98SE by having me create (by phone) a new folder labled xwt, which I keep on my hard drive and on a zip disk along with the original xw folder. Reinstallation after a system crash worked with no difficulty using the original floppies and xwt.
Before too long I will be getting a computer with XP. The questions below are probably so fundamental that most in this group know the answers. I include the list because a few may be as computer-illiterate as I am. So....
Two questions for installing XyWin: 1. Is the same procedure used on 98SE the right one to use with XP -- i.e., copy xwt into XP, then install with floppies? 2. If not, would I be better off asking you for a CD copy of your XyWin folder? If #1 is likely to work, I'd rather not put you to the trouble of #2. Bob White