NotaBene -- two questions

As an enthusiastic XyWrite user, I've been afraid ever since we left
Billerica that I'd wake up one morning to find that the program had been
scrapped or ruined. As insurance, I've decided to acquire NB, a decision
based (mainly) on the tone of Anne Putnam's occasional messages to this
group.

(1) Does anyone who has tried both NB for Windows and NB for DOS care to
comment on the comparative value of the two programs? My experience, like
that of many others, has been that while XyWin is convenient for
interacting with other Win applications (e.g. printing, faxing), XyDOS 4 is
generally faster and/or more stable for serious editing. I don't know which
route to follow with NB.

(2) Can anyone point me to an e-mail group for NB users, comparable to
xywrite@xxxxxxxx? Postings here have mentioned a couple of
websites over the past few months, and I've saved their URLs; but if I want
NB users' views on the specific question posed above, a mailing-list group
seems a more efficient route.

Proleptic apologies to any colleagues offended by this degree of
off-topicness.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel