Re: U2 not loaded

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Wed, 14
Jul 2004 09:43:53 -0400

> Off the top of my head, try these: SAve and re-LOAD the U2
> file.

Patricia, it's not possible to SAve and re-LOAD U2 after editing it.
That's the raison d'etre of LOADHELP a/k/a LH.

> Command REGEDIT/C to "register" the registry; I think
> it sometimes gets unregistered if you had a lockup or other
> abnormal program termination.

There is no need to "register" XYWWWEB.REG; what's more, there is no
such command or operation. All that's needed is to put XYWWWEB.REG
in the Path -- typically in the directory with EDITOR.EXE or, if you
run more than one instance|flavor of Xy, in the first convenient
directory in the Path that's visible to all instances|flavors of Xy.
REGEDIT/C runs a syntax check on .REG; nothing more, nothing less.

Morris made a mistake when he edited U2. What the mistake was we
can't say, as he didn't show and tell us exactly what edits he made.
"Show and tell" is the best, if no the only, way to get help around
here. That, and liberal use of XySearch. Chances are, it's been
shown and told here before.

That said, the simplest way to add programs (frames) to U2 is to
DeFine the frame or frames to be added, and then to issue
ADD2U2. ADD2U2 edits U2 for you, then launches LOADHELP to
re-LOAD it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx