Re: SVISTA; was Re: OT: Query on mirroring...

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> I'm trying to transition to using VPC on the Mac to run Xy. It seems to
> work pretty well. Only occasionally do I run into a problem, and I don't
> think the problems are with the VPC but with the MS programs I'm running.
> VPC gives me a secure feeling, which is certainly worth many hundreds of
> dollars. In other words, I suggest we not be penny-wise and pound-foolish
> when it comes to something as crucial as your (pseudo) operating system.
> Okay, it's not your whole universe, but it's your whole galaxy.

>From now on, I expect the main problem with VPC is going to be that MS owns
it. And MS is *not* our friend. It is hard to imagine how or where the
longterm interests of MS are fostered by the survival or success of viable
alternatives. Yes, I guess you could argue that VPC might enable them to sell
"X" more copies of some of their application programs -- to people who would
otherwise not be able to run them -- but I'm thinking that would pretty much
be a wash.

Jordan