RE: XY4 can not find drive

At 21:06 Uhr -0400 12.05.2002, Ambos, Paul wrote:
>In addition to Carl's suggestions, also check the archive bit setting for
>the x directory and if (as I suspect from the symptoms) it is set, unset it.

Uhh...sorry about the ignorance, but what is an archive? I looked in the
"settings.dfl" file, but I can not see any entry for "archive". What
exactly is this?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo (rrr @ twics.com)
-- "The power of accurate observation is commonly called
-- cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw