Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

At 08:07 PM 12/18/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>Not enough to be worth the beeping and onscreen change. I guess my
distraction
>threshold is much less than yours.  ;-)

ABSOLUTELY worth the beeping and onscreen change. In fact, I want to know
what is going on so as to prevent unwanted change (can happen easily I e.g.
write a German text and still have the Danish .spl loaded).
I guess we just have different work situations.

>I just meant that if one has a tendency to type "teh" instead of "the"
(overly
>basic example, since you could just as easily expand abbreviations into
>paragraphs of boilerplate), this can go into the replacement file. Then,
>whether you have to hit an extra key or no, it still amounts to a big
savings.

In a typical text I work with, "Die sb fttn und die Abd scn. Revord.
Anblei.", there would be 6 automatic replacements to turn it into a large
chunk of text. In a page, I am reasonably dealing with at least hundred. In
a large manual of 100 pages, I can expect 10,000.
You expect me to interrupt my typing and fumble for some stupid additional
key 10,000 times and think that is no big deal? With that mindset, I might
as well use Microsoft Word.
Lets just agree to disagree, but please note that some of us out here
crunch lots of text and want do do it as efficiently as possible.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)