Re: Help with XY-Hot key !!

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Tue, 27 Jan 2015
08:56:55 +0000

Bill,

> Help! I have the message
>
> "Press hot key again to go into TSR--press ESC to return to
> XYWRITE"
>
> I don't know what accidental keypress resulted in this message,
> and I must have remapped the keyboard to the extent that ESC no
> longer works. None of the unshifted keys works.

Sounds like a stuck shifting key again. Possibly Ctrl -- try jiggling
it -- or all of them (CapsLock, Shift, Alt, ScrollLock, WinKey,
etc.). Also, have you renamed the shifting keys in your KBD file to
nonstandard names, such as:

KAPS=58,T:C
SHFT=42,54
XALT=56,98
CNTL=29,99

This seems to solve a lot of KBD-file misbehavior.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx