Re: How to invoke U2 commands

John H. Kessel wrote:

However, when I type some commands in the XYW command lines, they are
executed right away. This applies to D WA=72  and GXD.
But others, e.g. ctrl-c to paste a message does not have any effect (I can't
get any stored text from the clipboard), and PUTCR, WRAPA, and CLIP or
CLIP(W) cause Command not recognized messages to appear.
It looks as though there is some step or steps that I have to go through to
get U2 commands to be accepted.

What should I do?

There are three different methods:
1. Native Xy commands, such as D WA=72, are executed by typing them on the command line, then hitting the Enter key or the Defined Xy Execute key (F9 in the out-of-the-box keybaord assignment). 2. U2 commands are executed by typing the command, followed by any parameters, and then hitting whichever key you have defined in your keyboard file to be your HELPKEY. Note that you must call your .kbd file and make this assignment, then save the .kbd file. (U2's README.HTM contains the instructions, but I'll paste them here to save time: 3) Create a "Helpkey" to launch programs from the command line: CAll your .KBD file and assign the following to the key (nn) of your choice:
nn=NOXHJM2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,Q2
)
3. Either native or U2 commands can be assigned to a key combination in your keyboard file. Harry has obviously assigned Clipw to Ctrl-c (I put it on Ctrl-Shift-C, with paste on Ctrl-Shift-V, to maintain similarity, but not identicality, with Windows native keystrokes). Here, for example, is my assignment:
46=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,Q2 (in Table=Ctrl+Shift)

YOu can find more info by using XySearch on the U2 site.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx