Re: what's III+ suffixes for use in organizing program

You mean, does XyWrite automatically add EXTensions to filenames? No. You
create the extension (any one you want) when you create the file with the NEW
Ok, but certain other programs expect that you will always have voluntarily
named your XyWrite files with an appropriate extension. I think Quark's
filter, for instance, asks for XY3, or is it just XY? Other programs may
ask for other things. Is there any consensus as to what an XY file might
preferentially be extended with? I admit I preferentially usually don't use
an extension, to cut down on typing. Needless to say, as already mentioned
here, DOS does a very good job at globally renaming its own extensions.
This reminds me of an anecdote of Quentin Crisp's, a friend of whose
averred that EMI stood for Every Man for 'Imself.
Finally, does anyone have any opinion on the quality of the current Dataviz
converters versus the old Adobe/Mastersoft ones?