Re: Table cell question

With trembling fingers I rise to correct (or just supplement) Holmgren:
isn't it the case (by definition) that all the cells in a given row have to
be as deep as the deepest cell in that row? In which case, you only need to
add s to the first (or any other single) cell to arbitrarily deepen
the whole row. I've just tried it -- at least, tried it in onscreen WYSIWYG
in XyDOS 4.015 and XyWin 4.12J -- and it does seem that  by itself,
without a  or other placeholder, will in fact deepen a cell without
adding text or . I used to do this routinely when I was preparing a
long and (for me) complicated table for camera-ready reproduction and
wanted all the rows to be uniform in depth, regardless of content.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

PS: Indeed, you can (if you should have any reason to) create an entire
no-content row by setting (e.g.)
≪CO1≫≪CO2≫≪CO1≫... (in this case the "blank" row
would be 3 lines deep).