RE: Multiple launches and deleting .TMP files

Robert Holmgren wrote:

>I'm pretty skeptical of Brian Henderson's claim that he can open 7.5Mb. Maybe he can do it, but I can't get anywhere close to that. I'm down the tube at 2.5...

Why would I fib?

And technically, I CAN'T open a 7.5mb file...somewhere within the 7.4 range is where Xy freezes and
I have to kill it externally (Harry, I can't remember Xy EVER taking down my whole system...I'm very
happy THAT'S not normal!).

(Said killing, btw, is where most of my leftover TMP files have been generated from. I have to say
though, it's still a mystery to me how Xywrite can create those temp files, have the file aborted
violently - leaving a large TMP behind, and yet the original file is still intact. Very very rarely
I find that a file actually gets left cut in half. And though I always have backups to fall back on,
I have experimentally successfully merged a TMP file with its corrupted first half...I think it was
successful. It's hard to be sure with files that big.)

Robert, *I'm* skeptical of your problem with opening 2.5mb files. Must be all that fancy-pants tweaking you do. My installation is relatively basic. You must have managed to install a "governor" of some kind :>)

_Brian (Envelope-Buster) Henderson