Re: Dictionaries

I think you have not properly understood my problem and my question. Please
excuse my English.

I will start again from the beginning, and forget now about hyphenation and
concentrate on the spelling aspect. If you solve this problem the hyphenation
will also be solved.

When I start XY4, I load as usual a personal dictionary: PERS.SPL.

Now in the course of my work, I may use EITHER the US or French PCLEXAM
dictionaries for spelling, always in the course of the same XY4 session and
sometimes even in the same document (by just changing UD=US/UD=FRANCAIS). As I
am working in both languages I cannot load completely different personal
spelling dictionaries for each language.

Now comes time to add a new english word like "hydrology"; it is added to
PERS.SPL. Similarly in french the word "hydrologie" is added also to PERS.SPL.
Exactly the SAME personal dictionary.

Now PERS.SPL contains both the words "hydrology" and "hydrologie"; after some
times PERS.SPL contains a mixture of words in the TWO languages. This leads to
just garbage when comes time to do the check spelling when you have such a
mixture in the same PERS.SPL

As an example, if in an english document I had inserted by mistake the french
word "hydrologie", the speller does not see any error since both words appear
in the SAME personal dictionary. Similarly XY will accept the word "hydrology"
in a document written in French since this word also appears in PERS.SPL.

One needs completely different personal dictionaries: one like ENGLISH.SPL
while UD=US is active and another one like FRENCH.SPL while UD=FRANCAIS is
active.

How do I make the difference of adding words specifically to different personal
dictionaries (one for each language) and then using the right one when comes
time for spell checking ?

Do you understand my problem and my question now ? Do I make myself clear ? One
needs to be working constanltly in TWO languages to really understand this
problem.

 >> If you want ot upgrade to XyWrite 4.014, you will need to contact the
 >> sales department in Baltimore (410)576-2040. Explain to them that you are
 >> upgrading from XyWrite 4.011 and you want to upgrade to 4.014.

Do they have and 800 number (valid in Canada) or a FAX number. I hate waiting
on line at my expenses !

--Michel