Re: re HP5 driver

Annie:

Thanks for the good advice ... I think.

A careful reading of the HP5 manuals shows no way to switch from the PS mode
to the PCL mode via a hardware switch on the printer or a software command
on the DOS side of the computer. No DOS software comes with the machine,
although Windows printing is fully supported. Running a proof sheet through
the printer shows that both modes are registered and enabled. For insurance,
I run a mode command on bootup that points to LPT1.

All XyWrite HPLJ-4 driverd fail. I think this is because the driver needs to
send its output through the Mac side of the machine where it spools through
the Mac HP5 driver. This is not an issue on your 386.

What I'm trying to do is bypass this process so I can use my dingbats,
bitstreamcharter (the nicest font in the Times family, in my view, etc.