Re: xywrite and postscript

 > My brief investigation of this led me to a web site, lasergo.com, which
 > belongs to a SanDiego company; they have a software package called
 > GoScript or GS32 for about $250.00 that will allow you to use any
 > PostScript Type 1 font with HP laser printers under XYWRITE ver 4 DOS.
 > James McSwain
 > MCSWAIN@xxxxxxxx

≪ Alladin GhostScript and GSView are free. GNU. ≫ --Robert Holmgren
 holmgren@xxxxxxxx

Robert--First sentence is true; GNU Ghostscript, however, is
a separate entity, about 18 months behind Aladdin product. Aladdin,
like LaserGo, is a commercial developer that derives primary
revenues from OEM deals. Aladdin (the correct spelling, btw)
gives its product to end users, apparently in lieu of the
thorough documentation, support, and services LaserGo feels it
could no longer provide if it followed suit. LaserGo maintains
a Web site, Aladdin treats comp.lang.postscript as if it were
its private domain, directing queries there; floods of howling
Ghostscript bug reports have driven most PS programmers away.
(Stay tuned for news on GoScript pricing policy re xyW/NB users.)

≪ I believe that the place to get them is http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/.
 They work beautifully with XyWrite and any printer. ≫

I was under the impression that after installing Ghostscript
you'd encountered difficulties Aladdin didn't resolve for you
and that you don't use it. Delighted to learn that you're
past those problems. 				--a