Re: Tame Pre4

At 06:27 PM 6/23/2006, Harry Binswanger wrote:
I have just tried pre-release 4, and it works well in most respects, but there are still some problems:1. Changing the text size causes an almost-freeze-up: I was able to use ctrl-q to Quit the program, but otherwise, couldn't get keys to work right after text-size change (this was a problem in pre-3 as well, but not in pre-2, which I've gone back to).

Ditto
2. In my implementation, which is for a 50-line screen length, shelling to DOS and returning leaves "phantom" lines of text at the bottom.
I get these as well, and they also appear in Pre-2 with I: use the
spell checker, use the thesaurus, switch windows (this only
sometimes), shell to DOS.
Bottom line, David has solved the basic screen handling issues with
Numlock and cursor movement , but as he adds new features and
functions to the console other anomalies have presented themselves.
Clearly with three new releases in as many weeks, David is trying to
address these issues.

michael.norman@xxxxxxxx