Re-Open files, response to S. Crutchfield

Within Xy4, one of the easiest ways to get back on Monday to a file opened on
Friday is to use the built-in log-and-restore facility. As for
generating just a list of previously opened files, the code is
not complicated, but it must be scattered among New, Open, OpFull
dialogs and folded somehow into the command structure (if you
ever use the command line to open or create files).
There's some tricky initialization stuff, too, requiring some
code in the startup file. My routines have been developed over
the past couple of years, and I have never stopped to gather up
all the info and document it. But log/restore can serve quite
well if you remember to create a log file when you exit XyWrite.
Someday I may get the pieces or the re-open routines packaged
together and documented -- I'm a bit reluctant because the
instructions would be complicated to explain adequately. And I
can't at the moment simply share the whole DLG, MNU, command
override, and startup files because I'm still waiting for
permission from TTG to do so.

Tim Baehr