Spam

I have been getting an average of 1 spam message a day for months, which I
suppose is not bad for 2 active lists. I actually run 3, but one is set up
so that it does not accept messages from non-subscribers (although I get
them as error messages and forward them if they look interesting). That is
the best way to block spam. (I realize that is a mixed metaphor, but can't
take the time to think of a congruous verb.) I hesitate to set up the
XyWrite list that way unless there is a spontaneous demand for it. So far
none has materialized.

Cheers,

-------
N. Sivin