Re: Xy III+, XyWin, and Win95 -Reply

"Can you detail some of the other problems?"

Further to Miriam Kleiger's note on Johns Hopkins'
Xywrite woes under Win 95:

Some of us just went up in Win 95 a few days ago, and
we haven't had time to experiment much yet. All is not
well, however. Our formatting codes are behaving
erratically: In III+ (which the majority of our editors are
still committed to, at least for the moment), if you go into
aformatted area, for example, the middle of an underlined
word to change one letter, the change appears in normal
not underlined mode. (Unless you go into expanded
mode: then you can make the change.) We've lost some
but not all of our function calls; our keystrokes are
behaving oddly (e.g., you have to hit Enter and F5 twice to
make them work). Just now I tried to create a guillemet in
expanded mode, and it wouldn't display. When I went out
of expanded mode, there were a whole string of them in
the text, beeping. The problems seem random and
bizarre. Our tech person has consulted TTG and been
told that there might be a fix for Xy Windows but not for
Xy III under DOS.

Has anyone in this group run III+ successfully under Win
95? Or is it something that shouldn't even be attempted?

Lee Sioles