Re: Decoding and Mozilla (was Re: Enter Key / Selection by cursor)

** Reply to message from "M.C."  on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:38:17
+0100

> The file containing my raw POP files for this account has a size about
> 100 Megabytes.

Mozilla doesn't save each POP file to disk *individually*?? Wow. That's like
AOL (makes it very very difficult to access your POPs). Suppose you want to
change Email clients -- how do you move your old POPs to the new client? I
think it's precisely designed to do that -- inhibit a change of Email clients.
Not what I would expect from Mozilla.

> I have to save the message in .EML format and
> then no problem to decode it properly. But, if I save the file in .TXT
> format, the file is not properly decoded.

Grrrr. So "EML" is text by another name? Too many programs try to do your
thinking for you these days. TXT should be raw, IMO -- no alterations
whatsoever!

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx